Sunday, February 13, 2011

snip snip

I enjoy the sound of sheer scissors, the shutter of a camera, the second of silence when you drive under a bridge in the rain.





I find myself constantly trying to push my comfort zone. But there was one thing I couldn't get myself to do- cut my hair short. Fear always changed my mind. Will I feel beautiful without it? Will I look like a boy? What if my head shape is awful?

I couldn't take it anymore. I called a salon to see if they had an opening that day. I hated the fact that I used my hair as a security blanket. I asked for courage and it showed up.

'With courage, we can defy danger.
To increase power, increase humility'

.. it is also a time for caution because the foolish will eventually try something too great for them to handle. Pride and passion will lead to their downfall. (Deng Ming Dao)

No comments:

Post a Comment