Sunday, September 27, 2009

Java Beach/GG Park

I've come across this chalkboard in a school bathroom a couple of times. It's located inside a stall, complete with chalk and personal information. It boggles my mind that people doing their business pick up the same piece of chalk and write messages to previous and future passer-byers.

Last week I met up with a presentation group at Java Beach Cafe on Sloat. Hello Dutch Crunch! I've never had this bread before (and I don't know why) but it's ah-may-zing! A pickle with the chips would've been nice, but my English Breakfast tea (for lunch, I'm such a rebel!) was a nice compliment.

Today I (randomly) caught up with a girlfriend at Golden Gate Park to check out Alice's Now & Zen Fest. Long story short, we ended up with more people, snacks, beers, a djembe and hula hoop. I've never before experienced drinking in the park while others openly smoke weed in front of cops without anyone being punished. Everyone was so friendly! Even the crazy lady who lectured me about dogs at the porter potties!

Afterwards we walked to the Richmond District and ate at Balboa Sushi House on Balboa. The tempura was ok, but I wasn't a fan of their dipping sauce (which was more gingery and tangy). We were the only ones in the restaurant and the owner/waitress/cook asked us to play the djembe for her. Next thing we know, her husband comes out from the kitchen and starts dancing! Imagine an older 6' Japanese/Korean man hip thrusting crazily with an apron on. It was awesome!
All in all I got to see Ian ..and got a good tan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment